The Financial Services Roundtable established a college scholarship to honor students who successfully completed a certified financial education course, or a financial literacy course offered by a Roundtable member company or a Roundtable community service Partner, before entering college.
The Roundtable Financial Literacy Scholarship Review Committee will select ten high school students based on the qualifications and criteria for the scholarship listed below.
Application Due: March 31, 2011
Scholarship Awarded: May 2011
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must:
• Have completed a certified financial education course* or a financial literacy course offered by a Roundtable member company or community service Partner prior to applying and received verification of course completion
• Be a graduating senior entering a college/university/trade school
• Exhibit academic success, respectable character, and financial need.
How to Apply
To apply, send the following forms to email@example.com by March 31, 2011.
• Documentation of a completed financial education course
• High school transcript
• Character reference from a teacher or member of the community
• Personal statement of scholarship need
The Financial Services Roundtable community service Partners include:
SER—Jobs for Progress
Society for Financial Education and Professional Development
Women in Housing and Finance Foundation
Women’s Institute for a Secure Retirement
*A certified financial education course must meet the applicant’s home state’s financial education standards